Advancing vascular care through patient-focused
The UC Davis Vascular Center Clinical Research Program is dedicated to providing innovative and progressive medical care to patients with atherosclerosis, aneurysms, vein disorders and other vascular conditions, while contributing to scientific advances through innovative clinical trials.
Recent and current studies have explored:
- Advanced carotid intervention technology
- Peripheral artery angioplasty techniques
- Vascular laser applications
- Peripheral vascular stents
- Endovascular stent graft devices for thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Devices for total occlusion management
- Stem cell treatment of critical limb ischemia
- Gene therapy to promote angiogenesis
Our research capabilities include:
- Investigators with broad expertise in basic science, translational research and clinical trials
- A Certified Stroke Center
- Certified and experienced research support staff
- State-of-the-art clinical facilities, imaging systems and interventional capabilities
- An ICAVL-accredited vascular laboratory
- Joint Institutional Review Board (IRB) for collaborative studies with the VA Northern California Health Care System and David Grant USAF Medical Center
- UC Davis Clinical and Translational Science Center
A key emphasis of the vascular center is collaboration with UC Davis specialists in fields such as cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, interventional radiology, endocrinology and nephrology, along with integrating established and emerging diagnostic and therapeutic methods into research. This approach assures integrated, seamless treatment options, while reducing risks to patients.
Information about current research studies is available online or by contacting Christy Pifer, manager of UC Davis Vascular Center clinical research, at 916-734-4156. See also general information about UC Davis Health clinical trials.