How to Get Help
Please schedule an initial consultation by submitting a request for services through the CTSC website. We will then schedule a meeting to determine how best to serve your health research interests around academic-community partnership formation, recruitment and retention of underserved populations, and community-engaged research education and training. During a consultation, we can help with the following services:
Develop partnerships for research
- Form a partnership with a community-based organization around your healthcare research interest.
- Approach interested and appropriate communities in the Sacramento area.
- Form long-term partnerships that reflect community health priorities.
Get feedback on your research proposal
- Explore how feedback can reflect the interests of community members.
- Identify research topics that are relevant to community needs.
- Identify a sample that is representative of women and underrepresented groups in the relevant cultural/linguistic groups.
- Identify needs assessment and/or intervention strategies that are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Design an evaluation study
- Design from a community-engaged research perspective.
- Identify where to look for project impact.
- Identify community partners to assist in evaluation design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Build skills in community-engaged research.
Community-Engaged Office Hours
Office Hours events provide an opportunity to consult with community-engaged research specialists about the design, analysis, or presentation of health research in a friendly, informal setting.
When: Every Tuesday
Time: Noon-1 p.m.
Where: Held via Zoom (by appointment)
To schedule an appointment for an upcoming session, contact Melisa Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the CTSC events calendar for additional details about these office hours.